Attachmate Reflection Enterprise Suite 2011 combines the most advanced Windows- and browser-based terminal emulators into one powerful solution. This robust suite lets you save time with centralized administration and enhanced customization control, and offers tough security for host sessions. It supports Windows 8, Windows 7, the latest security standards, and modern virtualization technologies. With Reflection Enterprise Suite 2011, you can deploy one or both products to any user—casual, power, local, or remote—from a central location.
Reflection Enterprise Suite 2011 includes two products:
- Reflection Standard Suite 2011—Terminal emulation software that connects Windows users to legacy applications on IBM, UNIX, and OpenVMS systems.
- Reflection for the Web 2011 Standard Edition—Terminal emulation software that connects browser users to legacy applications on IBM, UNIX, and OpenVMS systems.
|What’s New in Reflection Standard Suite 2011?|
Windows-Based Terminal Emulation for IBM, UNIX, and OpenVMS Hosts
- Windows 8 Compatible, Compatible with Windows 7, Citrix Ready, and VMware Ready logos.
- Microsoft Ribbon and browser-like user interface modes.
- Bolstered security features designed to help you meet evolving PCI DSS requirements.
- Support for opening a new session in an existing workspace.
- Ability to run RUMBA VT/UNIX sessions within Reflection.
- Enhancements to the Reflection .NET API for creating more powerful applications.
- Updated Attachmate Customization Tool for more flexible configuration options.
With Reflection Standard Suite 2011, you can:
- Connect Windows users to applications on IBM Mainframe, IBM AS/400, UNIX, and OpenVMS hosts.
- Support modern operating environments like Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2012.
- Access legacy applications using Intel-based mobile devices running Windows 8.
- Connect to the host using major application virtualization platforms such as Microsoft App-V, VMware, and Citrix XenApp.
- Move RUMBA users to Reflection with minimal disruption.
- Create flexible and powerful rules for protecting sensitive data on host screens and complying with PCI DSS requirements.
- Protect sensitive data in motion with updated SSL/TLS and SSH security protocols.
- Automate routine tasks using the familiar VBA platform.
- Run EXTRA! and Reflection session files, macros, and related HLLAPI applications.
|What’s New in Reflection for the Web 2011 Standard Edition?|
Browser-Based Terminal Emulation for IBM, UNIX, and OpenVMS Hosts
- Native 64-bit support for Windows and Linux servers, for enhanced performance and scalability.
- Easier administration of user access rights through an LDAP session-access report.
- A configurable toolbar that lets users map file transfer requests, favorite commands, macros, and other actions to custom buttons.
- Bolstered host security, with updates to the Reflection server’s Tomcat servlet engine and Java runtime.
With Reflection for the Web 2011 Standard Edition, you can:
- Securely connect local and remote browser users to applications on IBM Mainframe, IBM AS/400, UNIX, and OpenVMS hosts.
- Centrally install, deploy, and manage your applications.
- Support emerging technologies, including Windows 7; Google Chrome; zLinux; and Microsoft, Citrix, and VMware virtualization platforms.
- Take full advantage of scalable, high-performing servers with the automated 64-bit installer for Windows and Linux.
- Drag and drop icons to a configurable toolbar—and even map commands, keyboard actions, and macros to custom buttons.
- Authenticate users with Active Directory, LDAP, X.509 smart cards, Kerberos, and web portal authentication methods.
- Use enterprise directory services, such as Active Directory, to control user access to sensitive data and resources—without making any changes to your LDAP schema or data.
- Facilitate compliance with regulations such as Payment Card Industry (PCI), Sarbanes-Oxley, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, HIPAA, and Basel III.
- Meter usage in standard desktop or Citrix environments with the Reflection Metering Server.
Reflection for IBM 2011 runs smoothly on the platforms you employ today—and the ones you’ll be using tomorrow. (Click image to enlarge)
With Reflection for the Web 2011, administrators can configure web-based terminal sessions using the Session Manager. Those terminal sessions can then be quickly deployed via the web to local or remote users and securely run within any current browser. (Click image to enlarge)
Reflection Enterprise Suite 2011 includes:
- Reflection Standard Suite 2011
- Reflection for the Web 2011 Standard Edition