Reflection Suite for X 14.1 Datasheet
Reflection Suite for X 14.1 offers a PC X server, terminal emulation software, and file transfer clients—all in one deployment package. With this multipurpose solution, you can connect Windows users to graphical and text-based applications on UNIX, Linux, OpenVMS, and IBM systems. Built to safeguard data, boost user productivity, and simplify desktop management, Reflection Suite for X 14.1 easily meets all your host access needs.
Reflection Suite for X 14.1 includes
With Reflection Suite for X 14.1 you can:
- Deploy a single product that meets the full spectrum of host access needs.
- Connect Windows users to graphical and character-based applications on UNIX, Linux, OpenVMS, and IBM systems.
- Protect sensitive data in motion with TLS 1.2 encryption.
- Minimize the likelihood of spoofing and man-in-the-middle attacks with secure authentication.
- Display highly graphical and 3D X applications via OpenGL 1.5 and GLX 1.4.
- Ensure secure communications with a Secure Shell (SSH) client that offers X11 forwarding, interactive and batch session capabilities (SSH), and secure file transfer (SFTP and SCP).
- Enable user-driven and automated file transfers with drag-and-drop, command line, and API file transfer interfaces that support a broad range of protocols, including FTP, FTP/S, and SFTP.
- Provide access to X applications over the most popular desktop virtualization environments, including Windows Terminal Server and Citrix XenApp.
Reflection Suite for X 14.1 offers a PC X server, terminal emulation software, and file transfer clients—all in one deployment package. With this multipurpose solution, you can connect Windows users to graphical and character-based applications on UNIX, Linux, OpenVMS, and IBM systems.
UNIX apps and Windows desktops—a seamless relationship.
Reflection Suite for X 14.1 seamlessly integrates UNIX applications and Windows desktops. For example, you can easily launch a graphical UNIX application using a desktop shortcut; the UNIX application appears to be running in Windows. You can minimize, maximize, restore, and close your UNIX application just like you can with a Windows application. You can also copy and paste text and images from Windows to UNIX, and vice versa.
Time-saving configuration wizards and templates.
You can easily set up your PC server environment with Reflection Suite for X 14.1’s built-in configuration wizards and templates. The Reflection X Client Wizard steps you through the configuration process—gathering information on the target host system, security settings, and client command line. It even generates a startup shortcut for future use. Reflection Suite for X also offers quick-start templates for configuring your X server.
Multiple solutions rolled into one.
Reflection Suite for X 14.1 covers the full spectrum of UNIX-based host access needs with a powerful PC X server; VT, 3270, and 5250 terminal emulators; and a secure FTP client. This multipurpose solution provides connections to both graphical and character-based applications. It also safely transfers the files that keep your business running.
Precise 2D and 3D graphics with OpenGL support.
Reflection Suite for X 14.1 supports CAD/CAM, modeling, animation, and simulation applications that leverage the OpenGL API. That means Windows users can access powerful graphical applications that deliver high-quality 2D/3D color images and use functions such as modeling, transformations, color, lighting, smooth shading, and texture mapping.
High-level security. High-level compliance.
Reflection Suite for X 14.1 is designed to help you meet both internal and external security requirements. In addition to providing all the latest SSH, SSL/TLS, and Kerberos encryption and authentication technologies, Reflection Suite for X 14.1 is validated for FIPS 140-2 and certified for DoD PKI—the U.S. government’s top security standards. This high level of security helps you comply with mandates driven by PCI audits, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, and Basel II.
You can seamlessly copy and paste text and graphics between Windows and UNIX-based applications.
You can access graphical X Window environments, run terminal-based applications from UNIX and IBM hosts, and transfer files—all with a single product installation.