EXTRA! X-treme Datasheet
Windows Session Terminal emulation for IBM 3270 Mainframe, IBM AS/400 (5250), UNIX hosts, and HP NonStop/Tandem systems
EXTRA! X-treme terminal emulation software securely connects Microsoft Windows users to IBM System z (Mainframe), IBM System i (AS/400), and UNIX systems. With more powerful customization and automation tools, bolstered SSH security, and integration with the latest platforms and technologies, EXTRA! X-treme provides the advanced security and flexibility you need to get the most from your mainframe applications.
With EXTRA! X-treme version 9.3, you can:
- Perform secure file transfers that leverage FIPS 140-2-validated SSH and SSL/TLS crypto modules.
- Boost security and productivity with key Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, Windows 7, and Office features, such as User Account Control (UAC), Windows Error Reporting (WER), Auto Complete, Spell Check, and Screen History.
- Protect sensitive data with encryption of EXTRA! Basic macros.
- Add an extra layer of security in front of the host with secure token authorization technology.*
- Create and deploy EXTRA! sessions, keyboards, and macros from a central location.*
- Modernize your IT with support for the latest critical technologies and operating environments.
- Use the updated Custom Installation Wizard to perform a complete customization prior to deployment to end-users.
- Connect to Tandem (HP NonStop) hosts with optional EXTRA! 6530 Client Option software.
* Please note: Reflection Security Gateway is purchased separately as an optional component.
What's new in version 9.3?
- Support for modern operating environments, including Windows 8 Pro, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Citrix XenApp, Microsoft App-V, and VMware.
- Integration with Microsoft Office 2013.
- Support for Reflection Security Gateway for centralized management and bolstered security.*
- Reflection Secure FTP Client for securing mission-critical data in motion.
- SSH cryptographic module strengthened and validated for FIPS 140-2.
- Encryption of EXTRA! Basic macros.
- FIPS-mode Group Policy setting for mandatory encryption of all connections.
- Support for IPv6.
- Updated productivity features, including Screen History printing, font personalization, and easier text formatting.
- MSI database editing tool for administrators.
With more powerful customization and automation tools, bolstered SSH security, and integration with the latest platforms and technologies, EXTRA! X-treme provides the advanced security and flexibility you need to get the most from your mainframe applications.
With the new productivity features in EXTRA! X-treme, users can save valuable keystrokes—and reduce errors.