This white paper provides technical insights into modernizing mainframe applications via SOA, in ways that can mitigate risk. It focuses in particular on allowing services to access the mainframe using five different options:
- Open/stateless with no locking
- Open/stateless with lines locked down
- Stateless with logging in place
- Stateful session-based services
- High-speed stateful services
Also addressed in the paper are guidelines for division of labor and finding the right solution for your IT environment.
Open the PDF to read the full brief.