Extra! X-treme is a Windows-based terminal emulator that connects users to IBM, UNIX, and Linux hosts. Easy to use, easy to manage, and highly secure, Extra! X-treme provides all the features you need to get the most from your mainframe applications.
- Improve productivity with Office productivity features such as AutoComplete, AutoExpand, Spell Check, and Screen History.
- Create and deploy Extra! sessions, keyboards, and macros from a central location.*
- Protect data in motion with SHA-256/RSA-2048 digital signatures and FIPS 140-2-validated SSH and SSL/TLS crypto modules.
- Add a layer of security in front of the host with secure token authorization technology.*
- Leverage existing and emerging technologies, such as Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012.
* Requires a Reflection Security Gateway license.
Fewer keystrokes, faster tasks
With Extra! X-treme, users avoid extra keystrokes that over time can contribute to productivity loss. Because Extra! X-treme is integrated with Microsoft Office 2013, users can complete repetitive actions much faster and more accurately with productivity features such as AutoComplete, AutoExpand, Spell Check, Scratch Pad, Recent Typing, and Screen History. And now they can even print screen histories, personalize fonts in Scratch Pad, and format copied text more easily.
Enhanced control and flexibility
Extra! X-treme gives you even greater customization options—plus more powerful configuration tools. Enhancements to the Custom Installation Wizard enable you to completely customize the software before deployment to end users. You can also save valuable resources by using Group Policy to centrally manage settings files. And Extra! X-treme offers support for other important Windows administration features, such as Microsoft Installer, Active Directory, and roaming user profiles.
Extra! X-treme delivers powerful, enhanced security that helps you meet important internal and external security requirements. With the Reflection Secure FTP Client, you can safeguard your data in motion using SSL/TLS, SSH, and Kerberos. And Extra! X-treme’s SSH cryptography is now validated for FIPS 140-2—plus, it’s been updated to provide even stronger security. You can even use the new FIPS-mode Group Policy setting to safeguard users’ mission-critical data as it travels across the network.
Support for the modern desktop
Extra! X-treme supports a mix of existing and emerging IT technologies, including Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Active Directory, and Group Policy; Microsoft App-V, VMware, and Citrix XenApp; and IPv6 and 64- bit computing.
The Screen History function enables users to view and copy information from previous screens, and paste it into current active screens with mouse-click ease.
Need Access to HP NonStop/Tandem Hosts?
Make your connections with Extra! 6530 Client Option software.